So on Friday the 25th of November I had my 25th birthday. A big one for me 😀 Though, let’s be honest, I’m not too worried about getting older….I did get ID’d at the store while buying vodka on that very morning.
I spent 7 hours cooking for 15 people….sadly only 8 turned up, but oh well. It was still loads of fun. We played a few party games, drank a lot and made a mess in my apartment. Gosh that was fun to clean up this morning :S
A friend of mine gave me a vibrator as a gift for a gag 😀 GUess she knew how lonely I was going to feel during those upcoming long winter nights 😛
I’m glad everyone liked my cooking, I did work hard on it. I discovered cream cheese frosting which is heavenly. Highly recommended for cupcakes. And as a tradition I served my super good, moist, awesome chocolate cake. I have the recipe ever since I worked at this cute restaurant in Tallinn this past summer. I’m willing to share the recipe with you guys but I must warn you: This cake is severely addictive.
Enjoy the awesome cake tutorial:
The Best Cake EVER
Chocolate 0.350 grams
Butter 0.060 grams
Sugar 0.150 grams
Baking powder 0.0075 grams
Vanilla 0.0075 grams
Flour 0.050 grams
White chocolate 0.180 grams
Almonds 0.050 grams
Black plums 0.050 grams
1) Melt the chocolate with the butter
2) Mix the flour with the baking powder.
3) Whisk the eggs with the sugar, vanilla and chopped up almonds and plums
4) Add the flour and baking powder to the eggs, stir well. Add the melted chocolate and butter, stir well.
5) Bake in 160 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes
6) Melt the white chocolate and pour it on the cake
Note! You are going to need a proper kitchen scale for this recipe but it’s so worth the effort. Enjoy!
XOXO – Ley